HCA 412 Assisted Living Facilities and Professionalism Paper
HCA 412, Assisted, Living, Facilities, Professionalism, Paper
Choose one of the organizations from the list below or identify a nonprofit hospital in your community to research. Review the Mission, Vision, and Values (MVVs) statements from the organization. If the values statement is not available, please indicate that in your initial post.
Please note, this same list of organizations is provided for the Week 3 assignment and the Week 5 final paper. You may want to review multiple organizations to determine which one you would like to use for those assignments.
While you are not required to use the same organization in the Week 3 assignment as you this activity, you are expected to use the same organization for both the Weeks 3 and 5 assignments:
- CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System
- Cleveland Clinic
- Henry Ford Health System
- Lutheran Services in America
- Mayo Clinic
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Stanford Medical Center
- Trinity Health
- UC Davis Medical Center
- University hospital or other nonprofit hospital in your community
- University of Texas Health (UT Health)
- Veteran’s Health Administration (VHA)
Information search tips:
Search the organization’s name on the internet. Open the homepage of the organization. Select the links for the different pages, usually located at the top of the webpage or in the footer section at the bottom of the page. In addition, you can enter the organization’s name and the topic in the search box. For example, Cleveland Clinic Mission, Vision, and Values
For additional guidance, review the following resources:
- What Is CRAAP? A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources(Links to an external site.)
- Advanced Internet Search Techniques(Links to an external site.)
- Keywords Are Critical(Links to an external site.)
In your initial post,
- Identify the organization and provide a URL to the Mission, Vision and Values page.
- Explain why the Mission, Vision, and Values are linked to the strategic plan.
- Briefly discuss two goals you would expect to find in the strategic plan for the chosen organization and include your rationale for the choices.
- Examine why it is important to include the marketing department in the strategic plan.
Your initial post must be at least 250 words and use a minimum of two credible sources to support your discussion content. The supporting resources can be the textbook as well as the required or recommended resources provided in this course, the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or credible websites. Website for Information https://www.smartsheet.com/strategic-marketing-pro…
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 3 and 4 from your textbook and the instructor guidance.
Choose one of the following types of organizations that exists in your community, or nearest large community, for your initial post:
- Long-term care organization
- Home health care agency
- Multispecialty physician clinic
- Freestanding dialysis center
- Assisted living facilities
Then address the following:
- Identify the city and state where the organization exists.
- Determine at least two political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental trends (PESTLE) that most need to be scanned by the health care organization.
- Provide your reasoning for each choice.
- Discuss whether your chosen organization has opportunities for growth in your community.
- Explain your reasoning.
- Discuss at least one strategy that will maximize opportunities to gain a competitive edge in the community and minimize threats for the organization to ensure relevancy in the future.
Your initial post must be at least 250 words and must use at least two credible sources to support the claims in your discussion content. The supporting resources can be the textbook as well as required or recommended resources provided in this course, the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or credible websites.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 5 and 6 from our textbook along with the instructor guidance. Choose one of the following case studies for the topic of your initial post: Magnolia Hospital’s Strategic Issues or Avalon Organization’s Strategic Issues
Competitive Strategy: The organization differentiates itself from other organizations through higher quality care, unique services, or environmental experience that patients cannot get elsewhere.
In your initial post, address the following:
- Identify the title of the case study you are addressing at the top of your discussion post.
- Develop a strategic alternative for the case study based on your assigned topic.
- If you are assigned adaptive strategy, you will recommend increasing or decreasing the size of the organization, supported with your reasoning.
- If you are assigned market entry strategy, you will recommend expanding through purchasing new buildings that will offer additional services or identify another type of health care organization with which the HSO from the case study can enter an alliance, supported with your reasoning.
- If you are assigned competitive strategy, you will recommend increasing quality of care, new services, or environmental changes that increase the patient’s perception of comfort and care, supported with your reasoning.
- Describe the possible benefits as well as challenges that may occur with your alternative strategy.
Your initial post must be at least 250 words and must use a minimum of two credible sources to support your discussion content. The supporting resources can be the textbook as well as the required or recommended resources provided in this course, University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or credible websites.
Medical ethics encompasses many situations. In this discussion, you will explore one of the following ethical issues related to the health care industry.
Below is the ethical issue you are assigned to complete in your initial post.
Professionalism – impaired worker, covering up mistakes, practicing defensive medicine to avoid a malpractice lawsuit, breaching patient confidentiality, cherry-picking patients (e.g., refusing to provide care to patients who have health conditions that make the outcomes of procedures more challenging for the doctor, such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, or cardiovascular conditions).